It goes without saying that 2020 was defined by the COVID-19 pandemic, and the resulting ‘new normal’ we now find ourselves in. For the motorcycle industry, it meant numerous product launches and more Filipinos going for two-wheelers amid the quarantine.
To celebrate the motorbike year that was, Top Bikes Philippines is introducing the Rider’s Choice Awards, where fans can visit our microsite to vote for their favorite models per segment, including Motorcycle of the Year.
Here are the categories:
- Best Scooter - The most popular motorcycle type—thanks to their ease of use, practicality, and automatic transmissions.
- Best Underbone - The prime choice for commuting, business, and delivery.
- Best Standard/Naked - The ‘classic’ motorcycle that can be used for all sorts of things—be it street riding, track sessions, touring, or even light adventure riding.
- Best Sport - The fastest and sharpest-handling of all motorcycles.
- Best Touring - Touring bikes are equipped and ideal for long road trips.
- Best Adventure - As the name implies, adventure bikes are built to tackle anything an adventurous rider might encounter.
- Best Dual Sport - Dual sport bikes are essentially off-road machines.
- Best Off-Road - Off-road or dirt bikes are purpose-built for riding on trails, dirt, sand, and other rough surfaces.
- Best Cruiser - The cool, laid-back, and loud type of motorcycle.
- Motorcycle of the Year - The best new motorcycle of 2020.
Voters just need to provide their name and a valid email address to select from the list of bikes per classification. Last day of voting is on Sunday, March 14, with the special series scheduled for release four days later.