The Motorcycle Development Participants Program Association (MDPPA) recently released its sales report for 2020. The figures showed a steep 29.4% decline in sales for ‘The Big Four’ Japanese motorcycle companies. The group is made up of Honda Philippines, Yamaha Motor Philippines, Kawasaki Philippines, and Suzuki Philippines
Of the 1,206,374 units sold last year, 99.7% were motorbikes with engine displacements smaller than 400cc. On the other hand, MDPPA reported that the total sales of big bikes in 2020 reached 4,214 units—a 31.2% drop from the 6,122 units sold in 2019.
In case you’re curious, here are the top-selling big bikes last year for each brand:
- CB650R - 399 units (P510,000)
- Rebel - 255 units (P375,000)
- X-ADV - 65 units (P805,000)
- MT-09 - 160 units (P569,000)
- XSR900 - 143 units (P599,000)
- MT-07 - 89 units (P439,000)
1) Dominar 400 - 330 units (P175,000)
2) Z650 - 187 units (P375,000)
3) Z1000 - 186 units (P688,000)
1) SV650 - 69 units (P399,000)
2) GSX-S1000 - 37 units (P659,000)
3) GSX-S750 - 33 units (P559,000)
Is your dream Japanese big bikes included on this year’s honor list?