If things go according to the Department of Public Works and Highways’ (DPWH) plan, we could expect 12 bridge projects completed by 2031.
“These are the flagship projects that are either in the advanced stage of planning or are already being constructed,” DPWH secretary Mark Villar said of the Inter-Island Linkage/Mega Bridge Program.
According to the Philippine Infrastructure Development Agenda, the Inter-Island Linkage/Mega Bridge Program is a series of short- and long-span bridges linking island provinces to eventually connect Mindanao and Visayas to Luzon via land travel.
Here are the upcoming projects and their respective schedules:
- Panguil Bay Bridge - February 2020 to December 2023
- Samal Island-Davao City Bridge - February 2021 to February 2026
- Panay-Guimaras-Negros Link Bridge - 2023-2031
- Bataan-Cavite Interlink Bridge - 2022-2027
- Cebu-Mactan Bridge and Coastal Constrution Project - 2023-2028
- Panglao-Tagbilaran City Offshore Connector Bridge - 2018-2024
- Guicam Bridge, Zamboanga Peninsula - 2021-2024
- Tawi-Tawi Bridges (Nalil-Sikkiat, Tongsinah-Paniongan, Malassa-Lupa Pula) - 2021-2023
The following bridges are part of the agency’s Metro Manila Logistics Improvement Program, which will decongest EDSA:
- BGC-Ortigas Center Link Road Project - October 2017 to August 2021
- Binondo-Intramuros Bridge - August 2018 to September 2021
- Estrella-Pantaleon Bridge - August 2018 to September 2021
- Pasig-Marikina River and Manggahan Floodway Bridges
Villar added: “We are delivering the first batch this year. These are the ones in Marikina, Marikina-Vista Real Bridge. This is also part of the next batch of bridges that we will be delivering. So we are working on this as well now. Once we are finished, we will be ready for procurement.”