By now, many of you are probably asking how many new Private Motor Vehicle Inspection Centers (PMVIC) are currently operational and where they’re located.
To recap, these PMVICs will replace the current Private Emission Testing Centers once they have fully complied with the requirements of the Department of Transportation (DOTr). And based on the list we got from an insider, there are currently 17 operational PMVICs that offer services to light vehicles, motorcycles, and tricycles.
The government previously announced its plans to erect 138 PMVICs in different parts of the country. Our source claims the number could grow bigger to better accommodate the huge population of vehicles in the country.
“There is a phase for an additional 200-plus (PMVICs) but still waiting for guidelines and opening of application for that,” the source added.
- M2 Car Inc. – Taguig City
- Welcome Export Inc. – Manila City
- IIIA VIS - Valenzuela City
- TQM VIS – Manila City
- QWIK MVIS – Angeles City
- Road Worthy – Laoag City
- Five S – Cabanatuan City
- Dasca AIC – Dasmariñas City
- Key ZMVIC – Municipality of Pili
- Naga Starprince – Municipality of Pamplona
- HV Testing – Tacloban City
- Panay Quality Motors – Roxas City
- Rocket Cargo – Danao City
- Rocket Cargo – Mandaue City
- Roadready MVIC – Carcar City
- Pink Gorilla – Mandaue City
- Cojibas PMVIC – Ormoc City
The list given to us cites 73 PMVICs listed under the DOTr. The non-operational ones, including centers in the Mindanao region, are either undergoing test runs or installing the necessary equipment. As for the 17 facilities listed above, almost all of them have social media accounts where you can find their exact location and contact details.