Yamaha has finally introduced the Y-Connect motorcycle app to the Philippine market. As it name suggests, the app enables smartphone connectivity with compatible Yamaha models. Users can download it via the App Store and Google Play.
It features the following informative and convenient functions:
- Revs Dashboard - displays all the data outside the motorcycle panel, like degree of throttle opening, engine rpm, rate of acceleration, and an eco-friendly riding indicator.
- Fuel Consumption Tracker - tracks and logs fuel usage and plots re-fueling stops so the rider can plan trips efficiently.
- Parking Location - records the motorcycle’s last known paired location, allowing the rider to easily locate parking especially in unfamiliar areas.
- Treatment Recommendation - checks the motorbike’s oil and battery status to help the rider schedule its next periodic maintenance.
- Malfunction Notification - a notification will be sent in the event of an electrical malfunction or issue, with the rider advised to go to the nearest shop. The diagnostic info will also be emailed.
Through Y-Connect app, the rider can also use standard connectivity features like receiving notifications for calls, texts, messages, and emails on the information display. It also automatically makes the rider part of the virtual riding community, where they can share their goals, show their number of miles traveled, and rank themselves against fellow motorcycle enthusiasts.
The Philippine launch of the app coincided with the online premiere of Yamaha’s sci-fi short film titled The Link, which explores the “unlimited possibilities of the bond between man and machine.”